The Rape Recovery Center is home to an amazing team of volunteers who empower survivors of all ages and backgrounds to recover from violence.
Why Volunteer for the Rape Recovery Center?
Volunteers provide 50% of our services to survivors and are uniquely valued members of our agency. We strive to create volunteer opportunities that are a good fit for any interested community members who want to get involved with Rape Recovery Center. You will learn and utilize skills of crisis intervention and anxiety management, and gain mastery of community resources.
Opportunities include: 24 hour crisis line, hospital response, tabling and events, education, bilingual and multilingual opportunities, service learning and bachelor level internships.
Due to the sensitive nature of working with survivors of trauma we do require the following:
- Complete and submit the volunteer application. Submitted applications will not be reviewed and confirmed for the next training until December 1st.
- Attend one of our monthly Open House, held the last Friday of every month. Open house attendance is strongly encouraged and individuals that do so will be given first priority for the next training.
- Complete the 40 hour, state mandated, training program. Rape Recovery Center holds a comprehensive, meaningful training for incoming staff and volunteers. This training provides a total of 40 hours of instruction and clinical experience with a focus on crisis intervention techniques and sexual assault survivor advocacy. Our next training starts January 19, 2018 in order to volunteer you are required to complete all 40 hour of training.
- Schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018: 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 11, 2018: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 13, 2018: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
- Thursday, January 18, 2018: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 20, 2018: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Schedule is as follows:
- Commit to 10 hours of volunteer service per month and participate in routine evaluations.The cost of training is $65 for prospective volunteers and $150 for community members or service providers, though partial scholarships are available. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Hospital Response Team or the Outreach Team, additional 4-6 hour training is required (no charge).
If you have taken a 40 hour training through another Utah agency or if your training certificate is older than 2 years old, please contact us directly for information on additional training that may be needed.
Now, take action to join our team!